At Orel-Vine we focus strongly on the emotional, social and spiritual development of every child, parent and staff member. As such, the school partners with Family Life Network (FLN) to run its Pastoral Care program.
What is Pastoral Care?
Pastoral care is a program that instils the Biblical worldview as well as Christian values, character and day-to-day issues in the lives of the children and adults.
- Introduce children to the Christian faith as given in the Bible.
- Enhance parenting skills
- Give up-to-date information relevant to parenting in the dot.com generation
- Equip parents and teachers to succeed in marriage, parenting and managing their family relationships in today’s global village.
- Equip parents and teachers with appropriate life skills so that they become better people.
- Sensitize parents and teachers about their social responsibility as parents and teachers.
- HIV/AIDS prevention through value-based sex education [Abstinence and Faithfulness Promotion]
We teach children Bible based lessons in a creative and exciting way to enhance understanding and retention. Children are subsequently encouraged to live out the Word of God through practical Life Application examples and guiding questions. Children aged 5 years and above all get counseling on an individual basis.